Friday, January 1, 2010

Postcard

Say the word postcard to me, and my heart immediately experiences a joyous spark.

That is because I consider postcards as a wonderful means of conveying greetings, experiences, thoughts, and ideas.

Is it any wonder that I continue to collect them.

Today is January 1, 2010, and this is my first postcard to the web.

I do not blog because I feel whatever I write as worthy reading. Rather, I blog thinking that perhaps there might eventually be someone, who wants to know a little bit more about me, and how I got to be where I am.

First, and most importantly, I must tell you that I am not what you assume.

Are any of us?

Would it surprise you to know that at this very minute I am sitting in semi-pajamas at 3:00 pm, watching Apollo 13, while my daughter frets beside me fretting over her knitting. In a few minutes I will join her and we will both knit/fret together. Oldies music is blasting from the basement where my husband relaxes in his lair reminiscent of The Lone Gunmen from the X-files series.

Other things that might surprise you about me is that I am not one for small talk, I love to quote old movies and all things Star Trek. Quiet, contemplative solitude is precious to me.


One of my resolutions is to write more this year.

Stephen King wrote that all writers should strive to write one thousand words a day. For years, I've been trying to do that, but unsuccessfuly. I truly hope that keeping a blog will be instrumental in helping me keep this resolution.

That's enough about me for now.

I have other things that need doing, as I'm sure you do too.

Happy 2010!

Yours truly,

Doris

1 comment:

  1. Write on, Doris! Nice postcard, yours is clever and a great idea. ;) ox Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete